Re: (ET) Weak Deck Motor / Blade Spindown

Hi Dave,

Check for frozen brushes. Very common especially if you found moisture
present. I force them out backward (just enough wire lead) and scrape
the holder area clean. I then spray it with Cyclo Break-Away. The
plastic insulation under the brush may also be the culprit and I find it
easier to scrape the brush down a tad rather than wrestle with the
plastic which tends to be very tough.

I try to remember to cover each motor with a cut off plastic jug or such
to protect them from rain, etc.

Happy mowing!

Jim

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/fiskfarm/GE-Wheelhorse.Elec-Trak.html