RE: (ET) Re: Parts....

At 11:48 AM 5/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In fact, most would start from scratch, at least with the controls because
better are
>available now.  They would probably also go with a rear-steer deck as
>those
>are more popular because of the tighter turning circle.  The ET is fun but
>to be honest, it will never be more than an collectors oddity at this
>point
>in time.  Pity.
>
>Larry Elie

Just a little tidbit that Larry reminded me about.  I talked with Bill for
a long time on the phone trying to find out all I could about my "new"
E-20.  He mentioned that he had designed a custom electric tractor for a
landscaper client and I believe it was a zero-turn, rear-steering unit.  I
think I remember him saying that he would keep the same basic charging
system because its tried and true and less expensive.  I haven't heard any
more about the custom unit.  Please keep in mind when you guys call Bill
and hound him about these things, this is what I remember him saying but I
could be mistaken.

Tim