Re: (ET) Re: Buying group

Just an additional suggestion.

If Ed wants to set up a buyer's group for Elec-Trak's, I wish him
well.  I understand the motivation, but I don't think you know the
amount of grief you are letting yourself in for. For example, if 25
people agree to buy mower decks, and you build 25 units, and
when they are finally ready, 5 buyers back out on their
commitments, who gets stuck with the extra decks and the cost
that goes with them?

If such a group is formed, and actually manages to get concensus
on bulk orders of anything, I suggest you get a quote from Bill at
Technical Services and Parts before you get too involved in other
sourcing.  Bill has all the advantages; the drawings, the jigs, an
existing inventory and an operating business that does exactly
this.  If you could place an order for 25 identical mower decks, I
suspect Bill could come up with a better price than a one-off price.
Bill also has the knowledge and experience that he will know that
not all mower decks (or snowblowers or whatever) were identical
over the entire ET line over all the time they were produced.

Remember the conditions that typically go with such a sale.  You
have to provide a significant deposit, and you have to wait for the
units to be built and shipped.  You want to pay less than regular
retail, quantity one, then this is typically the way it is done.

I am not trying to stop the buyer's group.  I just don't want you to
get started without understanding the reality of this sort of thing
(having been burned myself on a similar co-operative venture), and
also want to make sure you do not miss out on getting quotes from
what I suspect will be your best source.

I am not associated with Bill or Technical Service & Parts except
as a satisfied customer.

Darryl McMahon          48 Tarquin Crescent,
Econogics, Inc.         Nepean, Ontario K2H 8J8
 It's your planet.      Voice: (613)828-0805
 If you won't look      Fax:   (613)828-3199
 after it, who will?    http://www.econogics.com/