(ET) mower arms information

Monty McGraw was kind enough to post a picture and parts list to answer my question about how to assemble a front mounted mower arm.  It's clear from the diagram and parts list that there is indeed a 1/4" x 15/16" roll pin pressed through the shaft to retain it in the outer cylinder.  Today I met with another list member to find some parts, and in examining a few arms in his collection and mine, we find the hole through the shaft (in the position indicated in the diagram) was no where near 1/4".  In fact it appeared to be about big enough for a slim cotter pin.  So apparently there was an "early version" which had a much smaller pin, and a later version which had the 1/4" pin.  I am sure I'll be able to figure out how to deal with my arms (drill the hole larger!), but just thought I'd share this bit of trivia with the group.

Pieter Litchfield
new e-mail is: plitch attglobal net