Re: (ET) Gas Prices and alternative power

>One,  they were very costly if the Popular Science article is to be
>believed
>the cost as much as a new car.
>Two, they offered no perceived advantage to the buyer of the time, they
>were
>just another lawn tractor. (despite GE 's marketing) Three, the general
>public have an irrational fear of anything electric that is used outdoors.
>Finally, I think GE missed the mark in marketing.

It was some time ago I was talking to Bill n he was saying that the price
at the
time was a little hi n the battery's where not what they are today. There
was a gas
crunch at the time n some thing about electric cars n the other company's
that
would build these cars didn't want the tractors around for some reason, SO
GE
stopped making them in lew of these company's buying there stuff for the
cars.
Like GEof typed marketing was not the best. You cant market a tractor like
a tv
or a blender. Go figure.

I got mine from a auction 7 years ago (all i was after was the trans axial)
and just
played with it a little. Liked it, bought some battery's (ouch) n been
using it
around the house. the mower deck needs motors now so that sits. The plow
blade
works fine. I would like to get some more stuff for it but there few n far
in-between. I even took it to the garden tractor pulls n got 5th place.
Belt slip was
mine fault (needs new ones).

I enjoy this thing. my son uses it as a go cart n goes all over the hill
with it.
About 8 miles to a charge.
Sorry to ramble.
Matthew P. Magda Jr.