Re: (ET) Motor control

> Is it possible to reverse the direction of the motor by reversing the
> field rather than the armature?  I can't figure out why GE wouldn't have
> done this if it would work.

On my ET, that's the way it's done.  The reversing relay is on the low-
current field.  You could reverse the (high current) armature, but it
would require much bigger contactors than the little reverse relay on the
field.

Does your motor have a wound field?  As far as I know, GE never made an E-
20 with a PM motor, but it might have been transplanted.  A PM motor
would require armature reversing.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc