RE: (ET) Exide GC5

Dennis:

I bought a set of Exide GC4's for my golf car a few years back. They did
not
hold as well as I expected, only about 3 years of almost daily driving. I
mentioned this to the local golf car dealer and they said they had
experienced a lot of problems with the Exide batteries. Exide used to have
specs on the Web, but no more. I believe the GC5 specs are similar to the
Trojan T125. I bought a set of 8 Trojan T125's a few months ago for my
Cushman Titan. These cost more than the Exide batteries, but I am expecting
them to last longer.

One thing I did like about the Exide GC4's is the fill caps are all ganged
together - you just have to twist a lever and all 3 caps come loose at the
same time. This is pretty handy when watering the batteries.

Rick Barnes
Aloha, Oregon

1980 Cushman Titan
Elec-Trak E15