(ET) 120 volt tractor

I took out a semi hemi fixed 1231 C and put in my repaired 1221B and now
have even more power in from battery and on motor circuit.  Now I have to
put in motor shunts to measure motor current, Battery shunt to controller
to check effiecency and compare all to Emeter shunt on 12 volt side.
Reasoning:  I rode a number of trip around condo complex - w/ no load
except me on board.  When I charged the 120 volt pack to move a V W
Rabbit into woods for winter, my battery pack died.  What a little real
work out for my E-16. At least I got it there. Then pushed my E-16 back
into parking place to charge up again.  I can get an 80percent SOC in an
hout though with tiny battery pack but it be a performance pack and not
real work I suppose.  I still have the winter job of filling sand buckets
and carrying sand trailer around to see the capabilities and limitations
of my new fangled inovation.  I have noticed that one needs an awful lot
of weight on board to use the tractor as a tug.  Wow can those tires spin
dirt with no weight on board.

I don't have enough time in on my E-16 to see if High Voltage is as good
as I thought.
I am still keeping mind I might have to put in a 1205-211 Curtis 48 volt
chopper and 6 each 8 volt batteries.  I do have so many gel cells to
"waste?" or learn on to power it in the interim.

Well it be Christmas today at least the actual holiday part so I'll wish
every one a happy holiday and play with my new ET playtoys.

"Russell"
http://www.concentric.net/~russ239
120 volt S-10 Chevrolet,  132 volt E-16 GE
jeGra research
D. Russell Graves
P.O. Box 261, Maynard, MA, 01754-0261

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!