(ET) controller, today and tomorrow!

I have a E20 frame on saw horses in my basement with fresh paint and most
of
the hardware back on it. Now I have to start thinking about how to supply
power to it. So I am most interested in any discussion on how to do this.

 It looks like there are two off the shelf controllers that might work?

Curtis,
http://www.curtisinst.com/datasheets/faxmasters/controllers/1244fax.pdf
http://www.wilde-evolutions.com/PriceList.htm

4QD controllers, http://www.4qd.co.uk/ 4QD-300-36 . . £220.00 . . $396.00
Looks like this would cost under $400 for a full featured 300 amp
controller. Do we even need a 300 amp controller? Should you get a 48 volt
controller and add an extra 6 volt battery to the tractor? Would you want a
simple controller then for the mower deck? 36   volts when the grass is
short, hit the turbo button for full battery voltage to the deck when the
grass is high. What about the snow thrower and roto tiller, is 42 volts to
much for them?

Lets all keep thinking about the best way to solve this problem. keep
sending ideas and web sites.

 If I had all the money and time needed it sure would be cool to replace
the
dc motors with AC motors, high voltage battery pack and a three phase
inverter and controller. Think about the mower deck with some small AC
motors on them! Tall grass, no problem. Tractor pulls, full pull ever time,
Sure it's a stock tractor... Oh, well got to dream.

  ElecTraks, good today better tomorrow. Electric power, What a Ride!

   Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net

        .