Re: (ET) Hey, team, here's a puzzler from a Bay State buddy

Chattering relays...
I had something happen to my E-15 a few years back.  I was cutting lawn
and it just quit.  Gauges looked good but drive and mower did not work.
I can't remember what the relays did however.  I was ready to tear into
everything until I noticed that "fuel level" dropped to almost nothing
when I tried the PTO or drive but went back up when I turned everything
off.  It turned out to be a bad battery.  I don't know much about them
but it seems that one was shorted (or opened?) or something when a load
is applied.  All of the batteries checked the 6V when no load was
applied.  I then turned on the PTO and checked each battery again and
found one was bad.  I put in a new battery add she was go to go!
Hope this helps
Dean A. Stuckmann