(ET) Hey, team, here's a puzzler from a Bay State buddy

 - Greetings -

This relates to the E-15 that resides with Dana.  Neither of the E-15's
I have worked on have had chattering relays.  I just tell them to shut up
and listen.

More seriously, this is typical of a weak connection that allows a
voltage drop to the relay coils.  This voltage drop may be in the
battery connections or on the control board.  If the fuel meter
(voltmeter)stays at a high reading, then the battery connections
seem satisfactory.  The slip-on connectors to the edge of the control
board are then suspect.  Jiggling, cleaning, or sometimes a sharp
rap on the control board mounting plate will refresh the connection.
In one instance many years ago I had to replace a failed SCR.  I do
not remember it causing relay chattering, however.

Hope this helps.

                                        Rhett George