(ET) charger help

Hello All, I installed my new diodes for my charger last night. Before I was getting 0 volts out, now with the new diodes I'm getting 1.6 VDC. Can anyone explain this? I checked my transformer and the windings aren't open, could the capacitor also be bad and cause this? From what the article in Homepower said if the output was around 20V then the capacitor is probably bad...
Thanks for your help in getting my tractor up & running, Tony
----
this is coming to you from an Apple Power Macintosh G3/300 running MacOS
8.6
Anthony Bailey (mailto:a636ccr semovm semo edu) Apple Computer Technician for Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701