Re: (ET) Batteries

> Where is a good source
> for batteries?

Many owners buy them at a local warehouse club store.  Ordinary golf car
batteries are fine.

If you can't find them, call a local golf course and ask the mechanic
where they get their batteries.

Going price is usually around $50 per battery -- it depends on the
current price of lead.  Don't pay over $60 each.

> Also my amp gauge works but my power level doesnt.  I dont
> have any books on the tractor but would like to fix the gauge.

Hmm.  My tractor has "Fuel level" and "power use" meters.  Which one is
malfunctioning on yours?

Check all the connections.  On these old machines it's often a bit of
corrosion on a faston somewhere.  Wiggle everything.

If the "fuel level" meter itself is kaput, replacements are a standard
item at golf car dealers.  I think they cost around $20 - $30 each.  Make
sure you get a 36 volt version.

If it's the ammeter ("power use"), I don't know offhand what would
replace it.

                David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music