(ET) Elec-Trak Beginner Advice

Hey all,

I just found out about this list on Sunday and here I am.  Great idea,
thanks
to Rhett George.

I am looking to replace my old smelly, noisy John Deere 140 with something
more elegant.  The primary mission is mowing slightly cultivated weeds.  I
have about 1 acre that needs attention weekly in the Spring and biweekly
up
until November.  Any suggestions from users with similar circumstances?

Also, where might I come by one of these that you suggest?  I am
moderately
skilled with electrical devices and could do repair.

Thanks,

Kevin Carter