(ET) More on batteries

    I'm glad the current discussions center on batteries.  My exides, 8+ years old are now dead.  And while I was very curious and interested in various pulse units that claimed an ability to reverse sulfation, I've never heard of anyone who actually used one.  This is, of course, in spite of the glowing testimonials.  Anyway, I think its time for new batteries, and perhaps after I've recovered from buying those I'd consider upgrading the charger.  The GE charger is a robust beast, but my conclusion after asking questions and speaking to a couple of charger manufacturers, is that there is a benefit to the new types of chargers that have separate bulk charge, topping charge, and float cycles.
    Here are my questions:
1.  While we have all heard that the Trojans are the best 6V EV batteries, how do the different sized Trojans compare with each other?  A battery wholesaler told me that Trojan 6V units are T145 (highest capacity), T125, and T105 (lowest capacity).  (They supposedly also have a cheapie that no self respecting GE owner would buy.)  In my case, I don't need the highest capacity, so would compromise capacity for longer life, lower maintenance, and lower cost, in that order.
2.  Are there any other very good non Trojan brands?
3.  How is Deka?  I ask because I've been told that there is a Deka factory with an outlet in PA that sells, when available, case blems deeply discounted.
4.  Has anyone out there replaced the GE charger with an updated unit?
5.  Has anyone any experience with Deltran, a unit that makes a high frequency charger with the stages of charge?
6.  Does anyone have any modern chargers they'd like to sell cheap to someone who wants to update their tractor?
    That's it for now.  Although I'll warn you that I'll soon ask about anyone's experience in updated the GE controls with solid state drives such as the Curtiss.

Steve Naugler