Re: (ET) AC motors and dynamic braking.

Most commercial motor driven equipment will have a brake, but it
is usually mechanical with an electric solenoid to release the
brake during use.
Squeeze the trigger, the brake is pulled off and the motor runs,
release and the motor is deenergized and the brake applied.

This is done both for safety and for speed of production.

michael