RE: (ET) dynamic braking

>Anybody know the hp rating on an electric push mower?

My B&D 12v 18" model is rated for 3.5hp. I believe the
power circuit is rated for something like 40amps continuous.
A 26ah hawker runs it for about 1 hour.  The motor is unmarked
so I don't know the electrical power rating.  The 3.5hp is
the gas equivalent number.  It definitely has less power than
the electrak 3 motor mower deck, which I've never heard struggle
despite the (grass) load, whereas the B&D will struggle with
(overly) deep grass (like 2 weeks growth (in MN)).  I normally
mow every 5-7 days in the summer.  If you want the thing to
have enough power to cut tall grass, I'd count on something
like 1kw per 16-18" motor/blade.  If I get around to calibrating
my power draw meter on my E16 I'll post the current draw for
my machine.