notes from the treasurer

   We have lots of money.  We are planning to spend a chunk (amount
unspecified - we don't have an estimate) to pay people from Taylors who
are doing a sort of 2024 grand tour of US tower, checking up on the state
of things, maybe making repairs.
   It is the policy of Boston Bellringers that we use the communal funds
to add donations to the Bellboard and Ringing World performance listings
when a Boston/Cambridge band (at one of the towers or on handbells) posts
it.  The actual mechanism is that the conductor or someone lets me know
when it happens, and I go in through my account to make the donation.
Sometimes the band does it directly, but
we're happy as a group to pay.  I am not embezzling funds, but it might
seem a little weird that I am putting guild money on my BB account (via
Paypal, from the Boston Bellringers bank account).  I haven't bothered to
call the RW office directly, but it looks like it would not work to try to
start an account under the name of an entity (in this case Boston
Bellringers) rather than a ringer.  We could use the bellringers mit edu
email address, for example, and I know the answer to the security
question, but the registration rules do seem to require a person's name.
Is that everyone else's impression?
https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/register
    Does anybody care that I am putting the money through my personal
account?  Or have a better solution? We want to encourage people to ring
at length, and to help out the RW, so skipping the donation isn't a
choice.

Laura Dickerson