From: "Richard Morse via Boston-change-ringers" <boston-change-ringers
cosmos phy tufts edu>
To: "Boston Change Ringers" <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2023 9:19:34 PM
Subject: Service ringing at Old North

Hi! I’m still in isolation tomorrow. Before you start service ringing at
Old North, could you please check a few things? The sudden cold snap may
have loosened some things…

- the clapper pin on the 5 and 7
- the staple bolts on all bells

(The clapper pin requires going below the bell, it’s the pin that the
clapper swings on, and the 5 and 7 were loose the last several times I
checked them. The staple bolt is the one that sticks up through the top of
the bell and has the two nuts on the top; these have all been fairly good
lately, but in years past they have come loose…)

Thanks,
Ricky