studying bellringing in Edinburgh

Hi everyone,

As I've told some of you, this past year I applied to the PhD in music at
the University of Edinburgh specifically in order to study change ringing.
It is now about as certain as it can be that I will be starting this
program in September! The current plan is to fly to London on August 15
because I also have a place as a helper on the Bradfield Ringing Course.

I've been in touch with Will Bosworth about sharing some of my work in the
Ringing World, but if you're interested in following along a bit in another
way, or just supporting my ringing websites, I made a Patreon for this
purpose: https://www.patreon.com/alisons. My latest website at
towers.changeringing.net is an imitation of the old Dove's Guide iOS app
which lets you see the nearest towers and save info about towers you've
visited.

I am getting financial support from my family, but it turns out even just
applying for a student visa to the UK is SUPER expensive. If any of you are
willing and able to contribute to that, you can do so here:
https://gofund.me/9f18dcf7.

Mostly unrelated, a couple weeks ago I showed some of the Friday handling
folks a calendar I put together of my bird photos! You can get one for
yourself, or just look at the photos, at
https://www.createphotocalendars.com/Store/Birds+of+Falmouth+MA+16-month+2023-3215350497
(16-month) or at
https://www.createphotocalendars.com/Store/Birds+of+Falmouth+MA+2023+Calendar-6819306672
(12-month).

It's been really great getting to ring in Boston over the past nine months.
I imagine I'll still visit occasionally since many of my belongings will
have to stay in Massachusetts, but it may not be soon. I'll try to get in
some final bits of Boston ringing in these last few weeks before I leave!

Alison