was the decay from a high value to a low value to see how frequently the
air in the room was being exchanged. For COVID purposes we use CO2 as a
proxy for airborne Covid carrying particles.

    On Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 03:20:06 PM EST, Rachel Fetters via
Boston-change-ringers <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu> wrote:

 Is this why in some classrooms I felt inexplicably sleepy?  I wonder how
hard it is to get a CO2 measurement. One of my kids mentioned being very
tired in certain classes, too.
Rachel

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily Russell <linninniach gmail com>
To: Laura Dickerson <lauradi rcn com>
Cc: Boston Change Ringers <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tue, Dec 14, 2021 3:03 pm
Subject: Re: Ventilation

I was curious what they mean by "well" or "poorly" ventilated, so clicking
through to the study...

"In 60 percent of the classrooms, CO2 levels exceeded 2000 parts per
million (ppm). Elevated CO2 concentrations can impair cognitive performance
and thus learning ability."

"In high-risk schools, it often exceeded 3,000 parts per million (ppm) – a
level significantly higher than the recommended level of no more than 1,000
ppm."

Emily