Re: Restarting Service ringing?

Separately from whether I think it's a good idea to restart ringing: After
clergy had confirmed we were still welcome at the church, I went to toll
with Leland during normal Sunday service ringing time right before the big
shutdown (I remember remarking that at that time there had only been 247 US
deaths, so we could toll for each one), and we were nearly immediately
asked to stop because they were recording a service. So I think the first
step would have to be checking in with the church. I imagine they are still
going to be recording services for some time even if in-person services
resume (which, as was pointed out earlier on a separate thread, won't be
for a while).

A virtual quarter is another possible way to mark our remembrance.

And I know it's not quite the same, but if anyone would like a handbell to
toll, I am happy to loan out one of mine. I do contact-free delivery ;)

Bryn