MIT guild and COVID-19

Hello all,

As receiver of a lot of emails from MIT for the MIT guild, I'm sending a
summary email about the current guidelines for all MIT activities in light
of COVID-19. There is no current requirement for us to change anything, but
there may be in the next few days as MIT's position on the issue evolves.

A few requests, passed from MIT to you:

- Please wash hands frequently. Especially important in a hobby where we
all touch the same ropes/handbells all the time!
- Please, please do not come to practice if you are (contagiously) unwell.
Stay home and get some rest.

The risk is low right now, but the governor has declared a state of
emergency and MIT has released several guidelines that it wants its
community to be aware of.

* Events with more than 150 participants are to be immediately cancelled
* Events with fewer than 150 are suggested to be cancelled (my department
has cancelled all seminars, e.g.).

Less relevant, but perhaps showing the scope of the response:

* All classes of all sizes are moving online after this week. Classes are
cancelled next week.
* MIT undergraduates are being asked to vacate the dorms and move back
home, and will have to be gone by next Tuesday at noon. They are asked to
plan on being gone until fall.
* Departments are moving towards work-from-home for all personnel not
required to be physically present.

Again, we're not currently required to cancel any practices by the
guidelines above, but I will keep the list informed.

Stay safe and well,
Bryn