Re: Academic Delight

Congratulations to the band!
--Sarah

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020, 7:18 AM John Schreiner <jeschreiner17 gmail com> wrote:
Academic Delight Major has been entered into the Central Council library of methods. Congratulations to the band that rang the quarter peal and many thanks to all who have learned it and helped with practices. I look forward to ringing it in our home towers and in hand.

Below is the preferred legal extension for Academic Delight. I have mentioned other extensions in the past, which I now understand do not meet the "legal" definition of an extension because of added place work or because that extension path does not generate enough true extensions to be legitimate (so there's a nice orphaned similar Royal out there). This extension path preserves 6th and 4th place bell 34 places right-and-wrong work, triple dodges in 56 at the half lead linked with triple dodges at the back, pivot bell makes 7th place at half lead and triple doges at the back before and after, and all those roll-up opportunities at the front.

https://complib.org/method/37278?accessKey=24746feb50a6eea2d1cdf0bd3cd7ded0e9ecdd85

John

ps. Note that this extension has a red triangle next to it if you search for it as a "Similar Method" from ADMajor on CompLib. It would not have qualified as an extension under old rules because the places are not consistent to the Major relative to the treble. They are, however, consistent relative to the front and back of the change, which is allowed now.    TMI?