From: Austin Paul <austinjpaul gmail com>
To: Ed Futcher <edfutcher gmail com>
Cc: Boston Change Ringers <Boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts
edu>
Sent: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:24:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Announcement from the Wardens

Is it appropriate to ring something (peal? quarter?) as a thank you to Fr
Welch and/or welcoming Fr Anderson?

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1103640740993&ca=25b4ef26-854e-4bdb-a2c3-62f962634900>

<https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Announcement-from-the-Wardens.html?soid=1103640740993&aid=XQUua4B716I#fblike>

> The Advent's Sixteenth Rector
>

> Dear Members and Friends of the Church of the Advent:
>
> Fr. Anderson
> We write with great joy and pleasure to announce that the Vestry,
acting
> on the recommendation of the Search Committee, has called the Rev'd
Douglas
> Anderson to be the next Rector of the Church of the Advent. Our
Bishop has
> blessed this call, and Father Anderson has accepted. He will join us
on
> Candlemas, February 2, 2020, along with his wife, Traci. The
Andersons have
> three daughters: Celeste, who attends Loyola University, and twins
Maddie
> and Emma, who are completing high school in Canada.
>
> Father Anderson is a native of Ontario. He did his undergraduate
degree at
> Trinity College, University of Toronto, and sang in the Chapel Choir
there
> and the in the Gallery Choir of St. Mary Magdalene, Toronto. He then
> studied at Nashotah House, graduating and receiving priestly
ordination in
> 1994. Father Anderson has spent his entire ministry in Anglo-Catholic
> Parishes, including an internship at St. Clement's Philadelphia, a
curacy
> at St. Matthias' Dallas, and his first rectorate at Christ Church,
> Woodbury, New Jersey beginning in 1997. In 2004, Father Anderson
moved to
> Texarkana, Texas, to take up his current post as Rector of St. James'
> Church. In addition to leading a growing congregation in a rich
liturgical
> and educational life at St. James', Father Anderson has also been
deeply
> involved in the parish's day school (where Traci serves as Assistant
Head
> of School) and its large homeless shelter and outreach ministry.
>
> We are thankful to the Search Committee, led by Lynda Blair, for their
> enormous commitment of time and energy to the search process. At the
Annual
> Meeting we will invite members of the Search Committee to speak to the
> congregation about their work.
>
> The arrival of Father Anderson as Rector means that our interim
period is
> coming to a close. It is hard to imagine that the Advent would have
passed
> through this time of transition so successfully without the graceful
and
> calm leadership of Father Truman Welch. In his year with us, Father
Welch
> has not only earned the respect and affection of the whole
congregation,
> but also secured his place as a lifelong member of the Advent family.
His

*http://www.theadventboston.org/announcements/

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZkUBwkmmy2aVRDnqknm-oy6oA-YalDoF910K--6IXwGC0sorZ_lQQ9B5MlIR93VoByVrcocblR8BovuL5OAu3cwT834EJu_t7iZo_hAKRWJTvLv7c9WJ4eWEI1kmPpbA3uZ8I6pTX2V7WUuhjXO7OTybZUt3uyIFrEzxy1ISuw3FWCNlfzLnVEmpg_vnCFkcjr5iPGyIsU=&c=1NHgsiDdJwzCYyqmzCUy21g1bIvDKq3d4S7SkmUDicOP872qnxbWcw==&ch=y3OcFlqjMT84u5Jgy6CBRWRBUbFGwZb5f1U4cqlOIzVBlTzYlEB3sQ==>*

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZkUBwkmmy2aVRDnqknm-oy6oA-YalDoF910K--6IXwGC0sorZ_lQaBzyqYmJsCOvUiKguGZ1fDSu8dUbhpY4c-RttSX3xVsCyk0EF7MoHZO1OdP2Fofw_mYF1S9Tv5Ljj_6VGOsuOegbVgTLpHI2hVn_nnYfD7dobmS8wssx60=&c=1NHgsiDdJwzCYyqmzCUy21g1bIvDKq3d4S7SkmUDicOP872qnxbWcw==&ch=y3OcFlqjMT84u5Jgy6CBRWRBUbFGwZb5f1U4cqlOIzVBlTzYlEB3sQ==>*

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZkUBwkmmy2aVRDnqknm-oy6oA-YalDoF910K--6IXwGC0sorZ_lQQ9B5MlIR93V8cGGpQBi-MIhf5ni2J0fRARKEkSKZ37_DNPoUDWhPfHZp8bRG6REYhUL_CjqCxnKH0CFkC_pwnTQhqwG_V_iTJ8MV3Hvs8fe_Kfar3H8IsY292O5SSn-3OSlIiye6yUOWTC5pCvtoWI=&c=1NHgsiDdJwzCYyqmzCUy21g1bIvDKq3d4S7SkmUDicOP872qnxbWcw==&ch=y3OcFlqjMT84u5Jgy6CBRWRBUbFGwZb5f1U4cqlOIzVBlTzYlEB3sQ==>*

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZkUBwkmmy2aVRDnqknm-oy6oA-YalDoF910K--6IXwGC0sorZ_lQaLGQ4QtXgfFmpZOCxeXhDSruC00hFuK9TII0e60lojkK7Ob3nbJyheXudnwV3ExInIcPPrhRSJ4eDwe1Mr6gdqPiu3VXPQLWy4fEr2zQMEYEjv_O3owy-QwjtzEN-0TgQ==&c=1NHgsiDdJwzCYyqmzCUy21g1bIvDKq3d4S7SkmUDicOP872qnxbWcw==&ch=y3OcFlqjMT84u5Jgy6CBRWRBUbFGwZb5f1U4cqlOIzVBlTzYlEB3sQ==>*

<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1103640740993>

<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001sXjv15vTIu6YfXgYE_Ou5w%3D%3D&ch=4b12fe00-41da-11e5-ba78-d4ae527b6fcc&ca=25b4ef26-854e-4bdb-a2c3-62f962634900>

<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=ber9b8dab&m=1103640740993&ea=edfutcher%40gmail.com&a=1133637254813>

<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sXjv15vTIu6YfXgYE_Ou5w%3D%3D&ch=4b12fe00-41da-11e5-ba78-d4ae527b6fcc&ca=25b4ef26-854e-4bdb-a2c3-62f962634900>