Fwd: Call for Submissions for Our First-Ever Photo Exhibit!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The Old North Church <education oldnorth com>
Date: Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 7:02 PM
Subject: Call for Submissions for Our First-Ever Photo Exhibit!
To: <edfutcher gmail com>

We're excited to announce our first-ever photography exhibit Rally Point: Bravery + Action set to open May 17th in our Patriots Corner gallery! We are now accepting submissions for the exhibit which will explore themes of active citizenship through teamwork; communities that inspire change; and bravery in the face of adversity.

Call for Submissions

Deadline: April 30, 2019

No entry fee | Submit up to 3 images
Exhibit dates: May 17 – July 15, 2019
Opening reception: Thursday, May 23 @ 6:30 pm

About the exhibit: The famous signal lanterns of April 18, 1775, displayed in our steeple, activated a network of riders who rallied their neighbors and fellow patriots to action and ignited the American Revolution. With this exhibit, Old North seeks to investigate what that caliber of teamwork and courage looks like in the 21 st century. The bravery of those riders, who are largely uncelebrated today, demonstrates a defining pillar of the American spirit in times of trouble.

Aligning with our 2019 programming themes of community and courage, this exhibition will examine how teamwork, collective action, and fellowship can promote active citizenship. Blending the historic with the contemporary, the exhibit will challenge visitors to make meaningful connections between their lives today and the lives of those who came before them. Selected photographers will answer one or all of these questions in their submitted work:

  • What does it look like when one sacrifices personal desires and recognition in pursuit of a common goal?
  • How do we as (global, national) citizens overcome ourselves for the greater good of our community?
  • What does it mean to work together synergistically to effect change?

Interested in submitting? Click below to see submission guidelines and selection criteria. Know a photographer who should apply? Forward this message!