Re: Wednesday evening

Reminder/Clarification: I *think* we're doing an abbreviated practice tonight between the potluck and ringing for the 1812.  Laura or Austin, feel free to correct me...

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 9:08 PM, <lauradi rcn com> wrote:
   Could be OK. Neighbors? Anybody who has lived there for long will expect ringing during the concert. Anybody recent will be used to us finishing at 9.

----- Original Message -----
From: Joshua Burson &lt;joshburson09 gmail com&gt;
To: lauradi rcn com
Cc: Alison Miller &lt;millerab gmail com&gt;, John Bihn &lt;jrb8alumni gmail com&gt;, Joseph Gurkan &lt;jtg5505 gmail com&gt;, juliagertrud &lt;juliagertrud gmail com&gt;, Michael Tartell &lt;tartell g harvard edu&gt;, Phoebe House &lt;phoebekae gmail com&gt;, Danielle Morse &lt;dmorsebell gmail com&gt;, westmoreland &lt;westmoreland wesleyan edu&gt;, Bela Nelson &lt;belanator gmail com&gt;
Sent: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 20:25:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Wednesday evening

If the 1812 is going to be that late, is there any reason why we can’t get in an hour or so of regular practice?

Sent from my iPhone

&gt; On Jun 30, 2018, at 7:08 PM, lauradi rcn com wrote:
&gt;
&gt;    Danielle got an estimate of 10:20PM for the 1812 overture, which would mean it is at the end of the concert.  If we dawdle over dinner (7-8 or so?) and then clean up, that would still give us a couple of hours before the fireworks.
&gt; Some of that time will be spent ringing (FIRE!), some listening to the concert*, but what else?  Should I bring in handbells?  Board games?  I don't want to start dinner any later, because being outside in the remaining daylight is less buggy.
&gt; * the concert is being shown on TV, and streamed live on bloomberg.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and BostonPopsJuly4th.org.  Most of you have phones with internet.  Anybody want to volunteer to be the source of the concert?  I am willing to buy a compatible speaker if needed (if nobody wants to do so, I'll figure out how to use Arthur's phone.  Advice welcome).
&gt;    Alison can't eat dairy products.  Arthur and I are vegetarians, and I don't cope well with the bell pepper family. Any other restrictions we should know about?  Any nut allergies? Soy? I was considering bringing deviled eggs, but the chances of getting them there on the T without disaster seem slim. Back-up plan includes the aforementioned peanuts and soybeans (and wheat.  And other stuff).
&gt;
&gt; Laura Dickerson