Fwd: New Associate Organist

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rector theadventboston org <rector theadventboston org>
Date: Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 1:31 PM
Subject: New Associate Organist

Dear Parishioners and Friends of The Church of the Advent,

I am pleased to announce that we have called Jeremy Bruns to begin his work as the new Associate Organist & Choirmaster of the Church of the Advent, beginning September 1, 2018. Mr Bruns is well known to many of us as sometime Organist & Choirmaster at our sister parish, All Saints, Ashmont. He comes to us now from the position of Assistant Director of Music at St Paul's Church and Choir School in Harvard Square. His accomplishments are impressive, his r&eacutesum&eacute speaks for itself. What is not mentioned is that he is a delightful, clever and caring person. We look forward to welcoming Jeremy and his wife Cathy to our family.

Yours in Christ,

The Rev'd Allan B Warren III, Rector

Jeremy Bruns has held positions in Buffalo, Boston, and Pittsburgh among other locations, including three years as Associate Organist of Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, where he worked daily with John Scott and the renowned Saint Thomas Choir of Men and Boys. Mr. Bruns studied with David Higgs at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester NY, earning his MMus in performance and literature and the Performer's Certificate. He has won prizes in major international competitions, and has been heard regularly on the nationally syndicated radio show Pipe Dreams, broadcasts on BBC Radio, and recordings on the Pro Organo label. Bruns has been featured at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston, and has performed numerous recitals with engagements including St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey in London, Canterbury Cathedral, Washington National Cathedral, St. James' Cathedral in Toronto, Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, Methuen Memorial Music Hall, St. Paul Cathedral and Heinz Memorial Chapel in Pittsburgh, and other venues in the United States and England.