Old North ringing room floor this weekend

    From time to time, we clean and wax the floor of the Old North ringing room.  The last time we did so was almost exactly a year ago. It turns out that this coming weekend (Feb 3-4) is the last convenient time, because the Sunday tours resume in a couple of weeks.

     My suggested timeline for the weekend:

Saturday - tidy up during break time at practice.  Possibly do some dusting.  Danielle did great work last weekend in this regard, so we have a head start.  If there is no 1 PM tour, move stuff around and vacuum.

Sunday - skip coffee hour, to spend that time at Old North. Remove benches and other easily moveable objects.  Vacuum. Damp clean the floor to get up the dried-on salt and such.  Ring a quarter peal. Apply wax. (I'll bring the wax) Leave the room. Put "Just waxed" sign on the door.

Monday - Laura goes in by about 1 PM to use the buffing machine.

Laura Dickerson