New Zealand news

   After hearing of the earthquake in New Zealand, I wondered how the bells and ringers are doing.  This is from the ANZAB site:

>>An update from Derek Williams in Wellington.

We are all OK, though the quake was scary at the time.

As fate would have it, we left 6 bells up after a quarter peal attempt yesterday. I have been down to Cathedral to check the bells. Four of the bells rang themselves down. These were the four hung in a north-south direction, so the shaking was obviously very directional. The two trebles remained up. I have rung them down.

The Cathedral organ suffered significant damage.<<

 Laura Dickerson