Re: Inquiry about bellringing lessons for high end tour promoter

     I have been wondering about liability insurance ever since they started the Behind the Scenes tours.  Some of those people are literally crawling up the wonky stairs.  I have no idea whether the church compensated the woman who hurt her wrist by falling off the bench after she decided she needed to take a picture out of the side window, but they are planning to get benches that are more stable (environmental control, rather than presuming one can trust a stranger's behavior).   High-end people might expect to be offered more risks, which is why I made up the leaning out of the steeple window scenario, but I didn't stop to think about the "don't tell me what to do - I paid you" attitude.
Laura

From: "James Whiting" <jkwhiting gmail com>
To: "Joshua Burson" <joshburson09 gmail com>
Cc: "Andrew Tyler via Boston-change-ringers" <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 9:28:20 AM
Subject: Re: Inquiry about bellringing lessons for high end tour promoter

We should also think about liability insurance for this. Having a
random group of high-end tourists (who probably have expensive
lawyers) walk up the tower and start ringing is very different from
bringing friends for free. We will have no way of pre-screening people
for how well they follow directions or what their physical condition
is. And people who pay large amounts of money to do something don't
like being told that they can't do it because they aren't behaving.

James