Way to learn to conduct triples methods?

    Danielle said something to Ricky on Saturday about knowing th calling
positions in Stedman triples. It reminded me of this recent postto the r-c
list.  I don't know if I could manage it, but I'd like to try, if others
are interested.
e are in the habit at St Paul's, Brum of often ringing
silent touches of stedman triples or grandsire triples.  The touches are
announced immediately beforehand, and written on a flipchart which is
placed in the centre of the circle for all to see.  They are always odd
bob touches of some complexity.   The emphasis is not on self-calling
from memory but on self-calling accurately so visual aids are fine, but
its only the touch which is shown in the format of 1, 2, 4s, 7, 8 (10)

Most of the ringers who participate have never called a quarter or a
peal before and many have never called anything at all.  But the
discipline is fantastic, or needs to be!  Ringers who have never dreamed
of calling a touch, or who had no aspiration or confidence to try, can
learn very quickly how to do it.  All team members are equal and this is
aesthetically very pleasing.<<
- Richard Grimmett

Laura Dickerson