Lantern service, other April news

The Lantern Service at Old North will be at 8 PM on April 20th (which is also Easter this year), which is the night before Patriot's Day. As is usually the case, we will ring before and after the service. The church has specifically requested ringing from 7:45 until 8:00 PM and from about 9:00 until 9:15 PM. We'll think of something to entertain ourselves in the meantime. Ringers who want to attend the service can get a seat (it's usually sold out, so let me know if you want to attend). The vicar suggested that ringers join the staff for refreshments afterwards if desired. Ability to ring rounds is all that is required. Patriot's Day/Easter weekend is the only April weekend without a Red Line disruption. There will be shuttle buses replacing the trains from Alewife to Harvard on all the other weekends in April.

Laura Dickerson