belated sad news from Honolulu

Boston ringers who have traveled to ring at Saint Andrew's in Honolulu might remember Alice Herring. She died last month, but I just saw the notice today. Her memorial service is scheduled for this Saturday. I thought people would like to know that she requested aloha shirts or brightly colored clothing, not black, for attendee attire. She was originally from Texas, but she and her husband Walt have lived on Oahu since 1970.

I rummaged around the web looking for photos. This is from last year. Walt is on the far right end, and she is next to him.
http://www.hiluxury.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rsvp_desmond_20121201_04.jpg

Laura Dickerson