Fwd: Hendersonville Ringing Weekend and Mini-Course

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Aldinger <robertaldinger gmail com>
Date: Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Subject: Hendersonville Ringing Weekend and Mini-Course
To: Robert Aldinger <robertaldinger gmail com>

Hi all, hoping that you will be able to attend, and will share with
others in your area.

I've used Bcc again because I don't like those long address lists that
become vulnerable to abuse.  This does go to someone in the towers
within a day or so travel, to former attendees, and to various other
ringer friends (many of whom are too far away, but would be wonderful
to see).

Anniversary Celebration Hendersonville Bells August 12-14, 2011 and
Mini-course August 11 and 12

All are invited to join us the weekend of August 12-14, 2011 to
celebrate the anniversary of the tower bells at St. James Episcopal
Church Hendersonville.

Last year Bruce Butler taught a course focusing on triples on the
Thursday, Friday leading into the weekend. He has agreed to run a
course again this year. We're looking at having flexibility within the
course, but have talked about working on touches at the minor and
triples level, with opportunities for novice callers to learn and
practice. We'll look at those who are interested in the course, and
make adjustments to accommodate the prospective students. Depending on
arrivals Wednesday we may schedule a practice Wednesday evening and
then join for some social/food/beverages.

We'd like to know who might attend, which days you would be with us,
what you would like to ring, and your interest in conducting or
participating in quarter peals. So, with some indication of how likely
that you will attend (e. g. For sure, very likely, interested but
uncertain, etc.) please e-mail <RobertAldinger gmail com>

With sound control we have pretty much unlimited opportunities to ring
through the weekend.

Our plans would include early evening ringing Friday, supper/libations
after ringing, a full day of ringing Saturday, Saturday evening
gathering(s)/social time/eating, service ringing Sunday followed by
ringing Sunday afternoon as availability of ringers supports. There
will be opportunities for quarters on Saturday and Sunday depending on
availability of ringers and conductors. With the expectation that
participants are past the basic handling stage, we'll work in
opportunities for ringing at as many levels as the participants
support, and try to give everyone a fair share of the time.

The Hendersonville area became a summer retreat starting in 1827, so
joining us would make you part of a long time tradition of wise
visitors. Numerous opportunities exist to enjoy the area by extending
your time beyond the weekend.

This website provides information and multiple links for lodging,
tours, etc., etc.:

<http://www.historichendersonville.org/>

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,