Save the date; suggest a time

We have permission to hold the usual summer Groton gathering on July 28th. They are fine with either late morning or early afternoon. Which would more people find convenient? We could split the difference and have it be 11-1 (taking the place of Old North practice) and then eat afterwards. Last year we had a picnic on the grounds. The year before we went to Johnson's for fried food and/or ice cream. I'll organize rides closer to the time, but people from farther away could start booking flights.
Laura Dickerson