Come see a concert I'm singing in!

Hi!  I sing in the Workmen's Circle Yiddish chorus,  A Besere Velt
(Yiddish for "a better world") and we're performing on Monday, August
7th at 8pm!  You should come hear us sing :)

Here is the the information sent out by the Workmen's Circle:

******************************

Benefit Concert for Civilian Victims of the Israeli-Lebanese Conflict

Monday, August 7

Emmanuel Church, Newbury St., Boston (next to the Ritz-Carlton)

8:00pm

An ad-hoc coalition of prominent Boston-area performers will be
playing at a free concert in an effort to raise funds for civilian
victims on all sides of the conflict between Israel and Lebanon. Our
Workmen's Circle Yiddish Community Chorus, A Besere Velt, will be one
of the performing ensembles.

"This event will be non-sectartian, non-partisan and non-political,"
insists Boston Camerata director Joel Cohen, one of the event's
organizers. "But it is clear that all of the participants, like so
many of us in the public at large, are horrified by this recent
violence. We want to do something to help those who suffer from it."

The line-up will include topnotch performers representing theatre,
classical and early music, Arabic, Sephardic-Jewish and Turkish
styles, as well as American music. Donations will be requested from
audience members with proceeds going to the International Red Cross.

Performances will include members from the following ensembles
(organizations for identification purposes only): American Repertory
Theater, The Boston Camerata, The Boston Philharmonic, Dunya Turkish
Music Ensemble Emmanuel Music, from the Top Sharq Arab-American
Ensemble, Voices of Black Persuasion, A Besere Velt: Yiddish Community
Chorus of the Workmen's Circle, and others. For more information on
this event, contact Yasmina Kamal at yasminakamal verizon net.

--
Mira Claire Blumberg
miracb gmail com