get out your calendars

  Lots of upcoming events

   There will be no practice at Old North on Saturday (the 27th).  Lots
of people will be out of town, so ringers for Sunday service may be few.
Try to come in if you can.

June 3rd.  Ringing room cleanup at Old North, after practice.

June 16  We've been requested to provide a change ringing demo during a
tune ringer concert at Old South Church.  I don't know whether anyone
has organized this.

July 2   Old North bells are on the Harborfest schedule from noon-3 as a
quarter peal with a person explaining in the garden.  No July 4th
ringing listed at ON.

July 4th   I presume picnic and ringing for the 1812 as usual at the
Advent.

July 8th  Area meeting at Groton, 1-3 (ish).

July 15th  baseball outing to Pawtucket.  I bought extra tickets, in
case people who didn't say yes  previously would like to be added on.

Vague future - I've been corresponding with Lane Smith
(author/illustrator of the silly book "John, Paul, George & Ben).  He
suggested that the next time he is in Boston for a book signing (no
specific date) we send people to do a presentation about change
ringing.   I don't know how a book store would feel about it, but he
seems sincere.

Laura Dickerson