Ringing opportunities this weekend

Saturday the 31st

1) Old North practice, 11 AM until 1 PM. Possibly sparsely attended, but
we think there will be enough people to make it worthwhile.

2) Ringing in the New Year at the Church of the Advent.  We'll gather in
the parish house lobby at 11:30.   Just before midnight,  tolling for
the old year, then ringing for the new.  We're on the First Night
schedule (!) as ringing from midnight until 12:30 AM.  After that, we
will consume a modest amount of party food and drink in the library.

   If you're sad about missing the midnight fireworks over the harbor,
go instead to the short display over the common at 7:10 PM.

   The T usually runs extra trains all day on the 31st for First Night,
and goes extra late to get people home at the end of the evening.

Service ringing both places.  The only mass that day at the Advent is at
11:15, so there probably won't be coffee hour leftovers when we're done,
but I suppose there might be leftover party food.

Laura Dickerson