https://cmsa.fas.harvard.edu/quantum-matter-seminar/

Speaker: Juven Wang (Harvard CMSA)
Title: Higher-Rank Tensor Field Theory of Non-Abelian Fracton and Embeddon
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
10:30 am
CMSA Building, 20 Garden St, G10

Abstract:
We introduce a new class of tensor field theories in any dimension
that has an interesting mixing between symmetric-tensor gauge theory
and anti-symmetric tensor topological field theory. Thus our theory
describes a mixed-phase between gapless and gapped phases. The "gauge"
group can be continuous and non-abelian. Our theory may be a new gem
sitting in the virgin territory outside the familiar gauge theories --
outside the paradigm of Maxwell theory in 1865 and Yang-Mills theory
in 1954. We discuss its relation to the non-abelian generalization of
Fracton in condensed matter, and spacetime Embeddon that we will
introduce. This will be a less formal talk, based on upcoming work,
jointly with Kai Xu (Harvard).

Best Wishes,
Juven
---