Late Announcement

Wednesday, January 25, 2012
2:30 p.m. Barus & Holley Building
Brown University
Department of Physics

"Jumpstarting gluon amplitudes in N=4 super Yang-Mills"
Simon Carpm-Huot (IAS Princeton)

Abstract:  I will discuss recent progress in understanding loop-level scattering amplitudes in the planar limit of N=4 SYM.
The approach uses the so-called integrability of the theory to derive exact differential equations obeyed by the amplitudes, which allows them to be computed recursively in terms of lower-loop amplitudes.  In the talk I will present the equations, illustrating how they are solved in practice, and I will discuss the evidence supporting these equations, concluding with prospects for the future.

--
Mary Ann Rotondo
Administrative Coordinator/Conference Coordinator