LPPC Seminar Announcement -- Bombs, Math, and X-rays -- Andrew Foland (L-3)

At the next LPPC Seminar, we'll have Andrew Foland from L-3 Communications, Security & Detection Systems with a talk titled "Bombs, Math, and X-rays".

Abstract:
I will describe some of the physics, engineering, and business of aviation security, focusing on the detection of threats in baggage. In particular, I will describe the development of a prototype scanner for a novel form of computed tomography with significant advantages for security applications.

Talk details:
Date & time: Mar 23, 2011, 2:30p - 3:30p
Location: LPPC Seminar room, 1st floor of Palfrey House (Harvard U.), 18 Hammond St., Cambridge, MA
http://www.hepl.harvard.edu/