BAPC events for week of 3/22-3/28

March 22- March 28, 2004
The Boston Area Physics Calendar is published weekly during the academic year by the Department of Physics at Boston University. You may send your announcement by e-mail (bapc-events cosmos phy tufts edu ) or FAX (617-353-9393). We cannot accept announcements by telephone. Entries should reach us no later than 5:00pm on the Tuesday of the week proceeding the week of the event. ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

Monday, March 22, 2004

Monday, March 22, 2004, 7:00pm
Harvard Science Center, Hall A
Clay Public Lecture
â¬SIs there such a thing as infinity?â¬?
Timothy Gowers
University of Cambridge, UK

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 4:00pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
Professor Robert L. Jaffe
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

*Wednesday, 24 March 2004, 2:30 pm
Brown University
Theoretical Seminar: B&H 555
To be announced <http://xxx.lanl.gov/find/hep-th/>*
Dr. Justin Khoury (Columbia U)

Wednesday, March 24, 2004, 2:30PM (Note new time)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String/Gravity Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building 6, Third Floor seminar room
``Supertubes vs. closed timelike curves"
Nadav Drukker
Niels Bohr Institute
Refreshments will be served

Wednesday, March 24, 2004, 4:00pm
University of Massachusetts at Lowell
Dept. of Physics
Olney 218
Ultrafast Dynamics and Optical Control of Coherent Phonons in Tellurium
Chris Roeser
Lincoln Laboratory
*refreshments served at 3:30pm

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Thursday, March 25, 2004, 4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Phillips Auditorium
60 Garden Street, Cambridge
"Jets in Active Nuclei: what are we learning?"
Annalisa Celotti
SISSA - Italy
* tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m. *

Friday, March 26, 2004

To unsubscribe from the BAPC
announcement list, send an email to
bapc-request cosmos phy tufts edu and in the body put "unsubscribe".