[Assistant-faculty] BU Study

All,

Recently, the following email was sent.

Dear Physics Department Faculty,

My name is Alexis Knaub, and I’m a doctoral student in the School of Education at Boston University. I’m writing because I would like you to participate in an interview for pilot study that will guide my dissertation research. My dissertation research will be on women in physics doctoral programs and features that may support women through doctoral completion.

Participation is voluntary and responses would be kept confidential. Interviews will be held at a time and location convenient to you. The department will receive a summarized report of the responses from faculty that may help guide the department’s policies and practices.

Thank you for reading this letter. Please let me know via email if you would like to be interviewed and I'll follow up with more details. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely yours,

Alexis Knaub

avknaub bu edu

I am attempting to set a day that she can come and chat with folks, rather than have her return many times.

If you are willing to meet with her, kindly let me know and share with me your availability for Thursdays in the near future.

thank you,

Shannon

Shannon R. Landis, MEd

Department Manager