[Assistant-faculty] FW: Required FCOI Training

Faculty,

As noted below, you are required to complete the noted Financial Conflict of Interest training if you currently have or are expecting a federal grant.

I have completed mine and have some suggestions:

1.       Do not wait until the day you need a grant funds released. Though not difficult, these exams take a little time to read and then complete 5-10 question quizzes. Find a few hours in one day, or an hour a day for several days, to just get it done.

2.       When you get to the page with the reading…just print it out. It wastes a little paper, but some of the questions are just too random to remember and it helps to have the info in front of you (when you click into the quiz, the reading disappears).

3.       And lastly, contrary to the note in the email instructions…there is no SUBMIT button at the bottom of the quiz page. You just want to pick the Gradebook option and it will record/save your score.

Also, the instructions to indicate that you should print and save a copy of your Completion Reports. I would strongly suggest that you also provide me a copy for your file here in the main office.

Thanks,

Shannon

Shannon R. Landis, MEd

Department Manager