[Assistant-faculty] FW: Lecture - Innovating for Society: Realizing the Promise and Potential of Computing

Lecture - Innovating for Society: Realizing the Promise and Potential of Computing

Hello, please see the below message from the Department of Computer Science:

Please join us Wednesday, March 7th from 3:00-4:00PM in the Nelson Auditorium for a lecture by Dr. Farnam Jahanian, Assistant Director for the computer and Information Science and Engineering Directorate and University of Michigan Professor.

About his talk: The computing discipline is at the center of an ongoing societal transformation.  The explosive growth of scientific and social data are transforming the way we work, learn, play, and communicate.  Advances in computation and data-enabled techniques will continue to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and engineering innovation, with the impact becoming more pervasive throughout society for decades to come. I will focus my talk on some of the technological and societal trends that are shaping our future and providing new opportunities for foundational research and education.

This is a great opportunity to hear about how advances in computation and data-enabled techniques influence the portfolio at the NSF and serve as drivers for achieving economic competitiveness and national priorities.

We hope to see you there!

Wednesday, March 7th

3:00-4:00PM

Nelson Auditorium, Anderson Hall