[Assistant-faculty] FW: Federal Research Priorities Webinar: Free Screenings

Hello,

The Office of the Vice Provost would like announce an upcoming screening of a three day webinar “Federal Research Priorities and Budgets for FY12” held Monday October 31st to Tuesday, November 2nd. While there is no cost to attend our screenings (see location details below), individual registration is also available for $75. More information can be found at http://research.missouri.edu/federalupdate/registration.php

Organized by the University of Missouri and the National Association of College and University Business Officers, Association of American Universities, this webinar on the topic of agency directions and funding priorities for the coming year will include representatives from the following agencies: •  The White House Office of Science & Technology Policy •  NIH •  NSF •  NEH •  Office of Naval Research •  Army Medical and Materiel Command •  NASA •  USDA •  Department of Education •  Department of Energy.

Screening Locations:

Boston: The OVP has organized a screening of the seminar on the Boston Campus in our conference room at 75 Kneeland Street (10/31-11/1) and the Boston IRB Office (directions available upon request).

Medford: The OVP has organized a screening of the seminar on the Medford Campus in our conference room at 20 Professors Row (10/31-11/2).

Please see the announcement attached here, or http://research.missouri.edu/federalupdate/index.htm for more information on the program. Please note that the schedule on the website is in Central Daylight Time. We have corrected the times to EDT on the attached announcement. Speaker biographies can be found at http:/research.missouri.edu/federalupdate/bios.htm.

This webinar is an excellent opportunity to get an inside look at the priorities of the current administration and the various federal agencies, as we seek to increase Tufts' competitiveness in a difficult funding environment. It is not necessary to view all sessions – we encourage faculty to strategically choose which sessions are most applicable to their research and funding goals.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Office of Proposal Development at proposaldevelopment tufts edu.

Best regards,

Amy Gantt
Director, Office of Proposal Development