[Assistant-faculty] Summer students

Faculty,

It is officially June 1, summer!  For me, that means that any graduate (or undergraduate) students who were hired for the academic year have officially terminated. If you would like to (re)hire a student for the summer, BUT HAVE NOT ALREADY SPOKEN TO ME, please send me the information as soon as possible to ensure we are able to complete the hire paperwork to avoid any stoppages in their paychecks.

Also, if you have graduate students who intend to work on degree related science over the summer who have not yet registered for the summer research class, they need to do so soon so that they do not accure fringe charges. I am told there has been some issues with registering and have asked the Grad Student Office to update the adivisors in SIS. Hopefully this will occur soon and the problems will be resolved!

Thanks all,

Shannon

Shannon R. Landis, MEd

Department Manager