[Assistant-faculty] Department meeting on Monday

Reminder:  We will be having a department meeting on Monday May 2, 12:00 -
1:15 pm, in Robinson 250.

The purpose is to decide on our priorities for faculty position requests
for next year.  Based on our earlier discussion, the two highest priority
proposals seem to be in High Energy Theory and Soft Condensed Matter
Experiment. It is possible that we will submit requests for both
positions, but we need to provide a priority ranking.

So as things stand right now, the primary question before the meeting will
be which of those two positions should be given higher priority. It is
possible, of course, that other proposals or issues could come up at the
meeting.

Please attend the meeting and participate in the discussion if you
possibly can. If it is impossible for you to attend, but you wish to cast
a vote, you may do it in one of two ways:

1)  Notify me ahead of time what your vote is (i.e. which of the two
positions should have higher priority), or
2)  Give your proxy to a faculty member who will be in attendance. In that
case, let me know before the meeting who has your proxy (and let your
proxy know, too!).

See you on Monday,

Roger

Roger G. Tobin