[Assistant-faculty] meeting re new postion

Hi Roger,
  I am  emailing you to request that we have a department meeting to
discuss the preferences for our new hire(s). Here are reasons:

1] The decision is so important that we shouldn't be rushing unless we
have a deadline

2]  We received a detailed proposal for the HiEnergy theorist only after
the meeting.  I am very happy that this was required, especially since it
clarifies very much what is being requested. It is not at all what I
assumed.

3] There were a number of people were missing from the last meeting who
did not get to hear the discussion -- Austin, Hugh (left message), Danilo.
  Ken arrived towards the end of the meeting.

4] Such a decision shouldn't be left to back room lobbying. We should
strive for openness as much as possible.

Leon Gunther
(supported by Bill, Peggy, and Cristian , ...?
   -- so far I haven't been able to speak to others, and I am not aware of
anyone who would not support this request)

Professor of Physics
Tufts University
Medord, MA 02155

office: 617-627-5361